At the Hommen Orthopedic Institute, my team and I provide the highest level of orthopedic care. My expertise is in treating injuries and pain of the shoulder, hip, knee and ankle. I am dedicated to achieving your goals through evidence-based medicine, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of your injury or ailment.
Dr. Hommen’s Practice Philosophy:
- The Patient is Always Number 1
- Once you become our patient, you will be our number 1 focus.
- The Team's singular mission is for you to have complete confidence in the quality of our care.
- Compassionate Care
- Our Team strives to treat all patients with respect and compassion.
- Availability 24/7
- My Team is available to you 24/7, via email, telephone, or internet.
- Appointment Availability
- My Team is dedicated to offering same week, and when necessary, same day appointments
- Surgeries Performed by Dr. Hommen
- I will provide all components of your care. At no point is a fellow, resident or physician assistant performing any surgical care.
- Physician Assistants and Extenders
- My physician assistants and physician extenders are available for patients in the clinic settings at all times. You will not see a physician assistant or extender time after time without seeing me
- Arthroscopy Procedures I Perform
- I perform the most advanced techniques in Shoulder, Hip, Knee, and Ankle arthroscopy surgery.
- Cartilage restoration: Osteochondral Autograft and Allograft Transplantation (OATS), Meniscus Transplantation, Microfracture, Carticel Autologous Cartilage Implantation, Labrum Repair.
- Meniscus Surgery: Meniscus Repair, Meniscus Transplantation, Meniscectomy.
- Ligament repair and reconstruction: Anterior Cruciate Ligament, Posterior Cruciate Ligament, Posterolateral Corner, Medial Collateral Ligament, Bankart shoulder, Capsulorraphy for shoulder instability, Ligamentum Teres, Ulnar Collateral Ligament (Tommy John Surgery).
- Tendon Repair/Debridement: SLAP lesion repair, Biceps Tenodesis, Rotator Cuff Tendon Repair, Quadriceps/Patella Tendon Rupture Repairs, Gluteus tendon repair, Hamstring repair,
- Hip: Hip femoroacetabular impingement CAM and PINCER arthroscopic resection, Labrum repair, cartilage repair, snapping hip release, capsular plication for instability, removal loose bodies, fracture fixation.
- Arthritis Procedures I Perform
- I provide arthritis care for the shoulder, hip and knee, implementing a multi-modality approach.
- I perform joint replacement surgery of the shoulder and knee for patients once conservative treatments have stopped working.
- I continue to publish and perform clinical research and I spend hours each week studying the latest research in numerous publications.
- You may be asked to participate in active research. This is purely voluntary on your part and you may obviously decline participation.
We hope to provide a pleasant and informative office visit. For those of you visiting from out of town, Miami is a great destination for health care travel. There are lots of attractions and our office staff can give you information on hotels and travel plans. Furthermore, we urge you to peruse this website for information for your orthopedic problem and treatments.